Thursday, April 2, 2009

Giuseppe Penone's to reverse one's eyes



'"Mirrored lenses, when placed over my eyes, indicate the point that separates me from that which surrounds me. They are like a skin, a border element, the interruption of a channel of information...by blocking my vision I eliminate data necessary for my subsequent behaviour."
-Guiseppe Penone

"The Mirrored lenses were originally used for an action documented through a series of photographs by paolo mussat sartor. The artist's vision is presented as a literal reflector of his environment. The urban landscape mirrored in the lenses changes as the artist changes his position in relation to it. However, since the lenses effectively blind him, Penone suggests that the artist's relationship with his creativity drives his gaze back into himself."

No comments:

Post a Comment